1. Avoid any kind of tanning (spray tanning, tanning injections, sun tanning and tanning beds) for 2 weeks before your treatment. Ideally, you should try to use SPF5O+ to prep your skin for 2-4 weeks before your treatment, especially if you are naturally darker skinned. You may even wish to consider using a natural Tyrosinase Inhibitor to helps ensure there is no overproduction of pigment in the skin (hyperpigmentation).
2. Avoid any other type of procedures on the same area which you intend to have treated.
• No microneedling, PRP, laser facials, chemical peels, or facial acids 21 days before or after.
• No Botox or filler 21 days before or after.
• If you have or are planning to have any surgical procedures, you must have your treatment 90 days before or after.
3. It is common for people to think they have sagging tissue when in reality they have fatty tissue. This comes in many forms, such as under eye, jowl, neck, tummy, etc. To make sure, it is recommended to ask your dermatologist to confirm if your skin is sagging or fatty tissue. Fat is located in the hypodermis. Plasma skin tightening only reaches the epidermis and dermis. In other words, we do not affect the fat.
1. Your practitioner will apply an aftercare mask following your treatment. Keep your skin clean and dry until bedtime. Before bed, apply the aftercare spray. Apply several times a day to clean skin for 7 to 10 days to keep your treatment clean and assure proper healing. Apply the provided aftercare healing oil as needed 48 hours after your treatment to soothe itchiness. It's important to keep the skin dry and clean. Do NOT pick or scratch the carbon crusts. This is the skin's protection barrier and they will naturally fall off on their own in 7-10 days, revealing brand new, pinkish skin that is still in the healing process. You will see the final results in 6-8 weeks.
2. If the treated area is swollen, you may apply ice packs covered with a clean, dry cloth. Avoid taking anti-inflammatory medications like aspirin, ibuprofen or steroids if possible.
3. If you are receiving a treatment anywhere on your face or neck, it is recommended you sleep on your back with your head elevated to reduce swelling and not rub off any carbon crusts.
4. Do NOT wash the treated area for 12 hours.
5. Do NOT exercise 48 hours after treatment or expose yourself to any heat, steam, or sweat because this can intensify the inflammation that’s already present.
6. Avoid direct sun exposure for 7-10 days. If you do go out, wear a hat and sunglasses.
7. ONLY use the aftercare products provided in the healing stage. Do not use your own cleanser, soap, or skincare products for 7-10 days. The area that has been treated must NOT be covered with any type of sunblock, makeup, creams, fragrances, or any other products until the area has fully healed. If you must wear makeup, please wait at least 72 hours, but know that this increases the risk of infection of the skin. It is highly unlikely you will ever get an infection from a plasma pen treatment, as the micro wound we cause is not open. However, post-treatment, is vital that you do not expose yourself to contaminants.
8. Avoid swimming pools, the ocean, tanning beds, and physical activity accompanied by excessive sweating (hot yoga, crossfit, etc) for 7-10 days.
9. You may return to work immediately. However, you will not look your absolute best during the initial healing
process (approximately 7 days).
10. Redness, swelling and inflammation is normal and will subside in approximately 3-4 days. Apply more aftercare healing oil when the skin feels dry.
11. The area(s) treated may be cleansed daily with room temperature water and your fingers. Do NOT use washcloths or any other washing devices. Do NOT rub, brush or exfoliate the area in any way to aid in the removal of the crusts.
12. Avoid hot showers for the first 3-4 days. This could increase swelling. Try to avoid shower gels or hair products running on to your face as this could cause irritation and inflammation.
13. Do not shave the treated area until it is fully healed.
14. If you have had treatment around your eyes, you should avoid wearing contact lenses for 72 hours after your treatment.
15. Once the scabs have fallen off (approximately 7-10 days), your skin may be slightly pink. This is new skin that is still healing. You may begin to apply your normal makeup and sunblock, but avoid using skincare products containing glycolic/salicylic/retinol/AHA/ scrubs/Clarisonic or any other active exfoliating ingredients/devices for at least 21 days, as this will cause irritation.
16. If you have any questions or concerns while healing, please text or call your practitioner.