Though hair loss can be genetic, a number of reasons can induce it too. In men, it is caused by the dehydrotestosterone hormone, or DHT which is responsible for developing male features such as deep voice, facial hair, muscles, etc. when they are young. As they age, DHT increases and accumulates, which kills the hair as well as its follicle. This hormone is present only in men, which explains why women generally do not suffer from as extreme hair loss as men. Other major causes of hair loss are side effects of medicines, chronic illnesses, hormonal imbalances (especially in women), post pregnancy hair loss, zinc or iron deficiency and excessive hair treatments (such as coloring, rebonding, perming, bleaching, etc.).
Cold Plasma (non-thermal atmospheric pressure plasma), a partially ionized gas that contains electrically charged particles, combined with ozone (an elementary form of oxygen which consists of 3 oxygen atoms), activates adult stem cells and revives natural levels of antioxidants in the skin. This treatment has a stimulatory effect on hair growth or regeneration via activation of the Wnt/β-catenin signaling pathway in dermal papilla (DP) cells. This regenerates the hair follicles which are otherwise rendered incapable by DHT. Apart from stimulating hair follicles to naturally grow back hair, this treatment also makes hair less frizzy, shinier, and reduces dandruff.
A protective layer, like the ozone layer guarding the earth’s atmosphere, is formed over each hair strand by peptones that safe guard the hair from breakage, damage and fall. This treatment is provided with the help of an argon comb device which promotes blood circulation and increases cellular turnover. This encourages healthier and stronger growth of individual hairs.
Cold Plasma combined with argon & ozone not only treats hair thinning and loss, it also helps to treat other graver issues like psoriasis, seborrhoic dermatitis, balding and alopecia. For the hair to be grown healthy, blood needs to be circulated in the scalp cells to provide the required strength of the follicles. When these gases are administered into the roots of the shaft of hair, it acts as a fortification to the hair follicles and eliminates any microbial infection present in the scalp and hair.
Please reach out by text, call or email if you cannot find an answer to your question.
For thinning hair or a receding hairline, typically only one treatment is needed. For more severe conditions such as Male Pattern Baldness or complete baldness, 3-12 treatments may be needed for full hair regrowth. Subsequent treatments may be performed after 6 weeks.
If you get your hair colored or chemically treated at the scalp within 6 months after treatment, you will require more than 1 treatment as this will damage the new hair follicles, reversing the generation of new hair.
1 full scalp treatment is $500.
A package of 3 treatments is $1350, 6 treatments is $2400, 12 treatments is $3600.
● Avoid direct sun exposure to the scalp as much as possible. Wear a hat when going outside. Direct UV exposure will weaken the hair follicles, stunting new growth. It is best to wear protection until the hair has grown out long enough to cover the scalp.
● Do not use any hair products for at least 6 hours after your treatment. You can wash your hair the next day. It is recommended to use shampoo that is pH balanced.
● Avoid saunas, steam rooms, swimming for 3 days after your treatment.
● Avoid vigorous exercise, sun and heat exposure for at least 3 days after your treatment.
● Avoid alcohol for 3 days after treatment.
● Increase water intake the first week after treatment.
● Do not chemically treat the roots of your hair for 6 months while the new hairs are growing in. Chemical free products may be used. We have several recommendations that are safe for use. Please inquire for a product recommendation that would best suit you.
● To truly maximize your results, it is recommended to incorporate supplements with your hair restoration process. Organic Irish Sea Moss, Nutrafol & Viviscal are great supplements for hair growth.